As an affordable smartphone, Xiaomi has launched Redmi 9 Prime. The new phone has exactly the same specifications as was seen in the Redmi 9 launched in Spain in June. The phone comes with Waterdrop Notch display and MediaTek Helio G80 processor. There are four rear cameras in the phone for photography. Apart from this, it also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, 18 watt fast charging support and an infrared (IR) blaster. It will be available in four color options.
These phones will compete with Redmi 9 Prime in the market
|The model||The battery||cost|
|Reality Narjo 10||5000mAh||(4GB + 128GB): Rs 11999|
|Samsung galaxy m11||5000mAh||(3GB + 32GB): Rs 10999
- Advertisement -
(4GB + 64GB): Rs 12999
|Reality C11||5000mAh||(2GB + 32GB): Rs 7499|
Redmi 9 Prime Smartphone: Price and Availability in India
- In India, the 64GB storage variant of Redmi 9 Prime is priced at Rs 9,999 while the 128GB storage variant is priced at Rs 11,999. Both models are available in Space Blue, Mint Green, Matte Black, and Sunrise Flare Color.
- The phone will be available for sale in India at Amazon’s Early Access Sale during Amazon Prime Day on August 6 at 10 am. After the Early Access Sale, the phone can be purchased from Mi.com, Amazon India, Mi Home Stores and Mi Studio from August 17.
- Let me tell you, the 3GB + 32GB storage variant of Redmi 9 was launched in Spain with a starting price of EUR149 (about Rs. 13,200), while its 4GB + 64GB storage model was priced at EUR179 (about Rs. 15,800). The 3GB RAM variant has not been launched in India.
Redmi 9 Prime Smartphone: Specifications and Features
- The Redmi 9, which supports Dual Nano SIM, works on MIUI 11 based on Android OS and has a 6.53-inch full-HD Plus IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- The phone is equipped with an octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor, paired with 4GB DDR4x RAM. The phone has four rear cameras, including a 13-megapixel primary image sensor and an 8-megapixel secondary image sensor with ultra-wide-angle lens with 118-degree field of view (FoV). Apart from this, it also has a 5-megapixel macro shooter and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also an 8-megapixel camera sensor at the front for the selfie.
- The phone will get up to 128GB of onboard storage, which can be increased to 512GB with a microSD card. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / A-GPS, IR blaster and a USB Type-C port. The phone also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and is P2i splash proof.
- Redmi 9 Prime has a 5020mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging. However, only 10W charger is available in the phone box. The dimensions of this phone weighing 198 grams are 163.32 × 77.01 × 9.1 mm.
So far under the Modi government’s financial inclusion program Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)…