Connect with us

NATIONAL

The number of active corona patients in half a dozen districts of UP is less than 50

Published

on

The number of active corona patients in half a dozen districts of UP is less than 50

Symbolic photo (Photo: PTI)

Lucknow, June 2: In Uttar Pradesh, the corona has started decreasing a lot. The new model of Corona Curfew announced by the Chief Minister is succeeding in the state. Perhaps the result of this is that the number of active patients in half a dozen districts of the state is less than 50. Among these districts of the state, Kaushambi, Hamirpur, Kanpur Dehat, Kasganj, Fatehpur, Balrampur are such districts where the number of active patients remained below 50. The healthy competition between the local administration and the people of the district concerned will help in taking their district down from the standard number of active patients below 600. There will be a healthy competition between the local administration and the public in this regard. Also read: COVID-19: So far 594 doctors have died in the second wave of corona, maximum deaths from Delhi

Some districts are also moving towards zero infection. This has also started happening, according to the data available on June 1 evening, there are only 11 districts of UP in which the number of active patients is more than 600. These are the districts, since the time Chief Minister Yogi has set this standard, every day some new districts are joining the standard exempted from Corona curfew. Also read: COVID-19 Test At Home: How to do corona virus test at home, keep these things in mind during testing

According to the available data, the new cases of Kovid have decreased by about 96.2 percent from the peak. On April 24, it decreased to below one and a half thousand (1317) on the second day as compared to the record 38055 cases that came in 24 hours. Active cases came down to 32578. This is 89.5 percent less than the record 310783 cases that came on April 30. The recovery rate steadily improved to 96.9 percent. The positivity rate became .40 percent. Districts with active cases are Meerut 2552, Lucknow, 2280, Saharanpur, 2043, Varanasi, 1943, Gorakhpur 1539. The districts with less active cases are Kaushambi 17 Hamirpur 36 Kasganj, Kanpur Dehat 40-40 Fatehpur, 44 Balrampur 48.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

Published

on

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

CM Arvind Kejriwal (Photo Credits: ANI)

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led government on Sunday said it has provided food grains to over 4.5 lakh people who do not have ration cards under a new scheme in the national capital. Under this scheme started from June 5, those people who do not have ration card can get five kilograms of food grains by showing their Aadhaar card.

The Delhi government said in a statement, “This scheme is for those people who do not have ration cards. These people include workers in the unorganized sector, migrant workers, construction workers and domestic help. So far more than 4.5 lakh people have been assisted through this scheme. Under this scheme, four kilograms of wheat and one kilogram of rice are being given to the beneficiaries. It states that 5,000 tonnes of ration has been provided to the people and another 5,000 tonnes will reach the distribution centres. Also read: After Arvind Kejriwal’s announcement, auto-taxi and e-rickshaw drivers in Delhi started getting 5-5 thousand rupees, so far the money transferred to the account of 23,000 people

A total of 280 government schools in Delhi have been selected for distribution of food grains. One school in each municipal ward has been identified for this. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Imran Hussain said, “We assure you that in the coming days things will be further streamlined to make the entire process smooth and hassle free. Your government believes that ration is the right of the people.

Ration can be obtained from designated centers from 10 am to 4 pm on all working days except gazetted holidays and Sundays.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Published

on

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Leopard/symbolic photo (Photo Credits: Pixabay)

Dehradun, June 13: After completing the capacity of rescue centers set up in Nainital and Haridwar districts for man-eating leopards caught alive, the Uttarakhand Forest Department is now preparing to send them to other states. Chief Wildlife Warden of the state JS Suhag said that in this regard, in-principle approval has been received from the Central Zoo Authority and after getting formal permission from the state government, the process of sending the man-eating leopards caught alive to the rescue centers of other states will start. He said that this step is being taken as the capacity of two rescue centers in Uttarakhand is full.

Suhag said that eight leopards have been kept at Chidiyapur Rescue Center in Haridwar district and its capacity has been reached, while there are three leopards in Ranibagh in Nainital district and only four can be kept there. He said that a large number of leopards are caught every year in different parts of the state and lakhs of rupees are spent on their maintenance. Caught man-eating leopards are usually sent to zoos or kept in temporary open enclosures under the supervision of forest workers. There is a lot of free space for leopards in rescue centers in other states and in view of this the idea of ​​sending leopards out of Uttarakhand came.

Also read- Country News | Uttarakhand lost five MLAs in three and a half years

He said that the Jamnagar Rescue Center in Gujarat has the capacity to keep 50 leopards while there are only four leopards. The forest officer said that six man-eating leopards would be sent to Jamnagar in the first phase after getting approval from the state government.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

255 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Delhi, 23 patients died, restrictions further eased

Published

on

255 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Delhi, 23 patients died, restrictions further eased

Corona Virus (Photo Credits: ANI)

New Delhi, June 13: The lowest number of 255 new cases of coronavirus were reported in the national capital on Sunday since April 7 and 23 patients died. Meanwhile, the Delhi government announced partial lifting of restrictions on restaurants and weekly markets from June 14. According to the bulletin of the Health Department, the infection rate of Kovid-19 here on Sunday was 0.35 percent. So far 14,31,139 cases of Kovid-19 have been reported in the city, out of which 24,823 patients have lost their lives. At the same time, more than 14 lakh patients were cured.

The lowest number of 213 new cases were reported in Delhi since March 9 on Saturday, 238 on Friday, 305 on Thursday and 337 on Wednesday. Due to this infection in the city, 28 people lost their lives on Saturday, 24 on Friday, 44 on Thursday and 36 on Wednesday. According to government data, the infection rate in the national capital was 0.3 on Saturday and Friday, 0.4 on Thursday and 0.5 percent on Wednesday. In Delhi, the infection rate had reached 36 percent in April, which has now come down to one percent.

Also read- Country News | Under the new scheme, 4.5 lakh people without ration cards got food grains: Delhi Government

The Delhi government allowed opening of restaurants with 50 per cent capacity from June 14 and only one weekly market in each zone. Officials said that the salons, beauty parlors and barber shops, which were closed since April 19, will also open from Monday. According to the order of Delhi Disaster Management Authority, schools, colleges, coaching institutes, cinema halls, multiplexes, theatres, gyms, spas, yoga institutes, swimming pools, auditoriums, wedding halls, water parks and public places and gardens are closed till 5 am on June 21. Will stay

Delhi was in the grip of the second wave of corona virus in the country and during this wave a large number of cases were reported daily, oxygen supply decreased and people’s problems increased manifold. Since April 19, the daily cases of Kovid-19 and deaths due to this infection continued to increase rapidly and on April 20, the daily cases crossed 28000 and there were 277 deaths. On April 22 last, 306 people and on May 3, 445 people lost their lives due to this infection.

Also read- Dead body of elderly woman found in a house in Delhi, suspected of murder

For the last several days, the daily cases and infection rate are decreasing. On Saturday, 72,751 samples were tested for Kovid-19 here. The number of patients under treatment in the city is now 3,466. Their number on Saturday was 3,610.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

Trending