Connect with us

NATIONAL

The fight against corona virus is still going on in the country – PM Modi said while addressing the nation

Published

on

The fight against corona virus is still going on in the country - PM Modi said while addressing the nation

PM Narendra Modi (Photo Credits: PIB/File Photo)

New Delhi: Every day the outbreak of the second wave of Coronavirus is decreasing in India. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation today (June 7) and once again appealed to the public to take precautions related to Kovid-19 even during unlock. He said that Corona is the biggest epidemic in 100 years. The fight against corona virus is still going on in the country. During this, he also cautioned the public about the possibility of a third wave of Corona. After corona, many people faced problems of skin disease, herpes and hair loss.

The Prime Minister has addressed the country several times since the outbreak of the Kovid-19 global pandemic last year. During this, he gave suggestions to the people and informed about the steps taken by his government to deal with the situation. In his addresses, the Prime Minister has also made new announcements many times.

PM Modi had addressed the nation earlier on 20 April during the second wave. Then he appealed to the states to use the lockdown as the last option. However, due to the ever-increasing infection cases and oxygen crisis, lack of ICU beds, etc., the states had to resort to restrictions like lockdown.

Since the last days of May, cases of corona in the country have been seen to be controlled. Now even in hospitals, there is no fight over beds as before. Earlier, where three to four lakh new Kovid-19 patients used to come to the country every day, now this figure has come down to close to one lakh. On Monday, a total of 1,00,636 new cases of corona virus were registered across the country and 2,427 infected people died. During this, 1,74,399 patients recovered from the epidemic and were discharged.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Karnataka: Policemen thrashed mentally challenged man, eight personnel suspended

Published

on

Karnataka: Policemen thrashed mentally challenged man, eight personnel suspended

Police (Photo Credits: Twitter)

Madikeri (Karnataka), June 13 : A 50-year-old mentally challenged man was allegedly thrashed to death by policemen in Madikeri city last week for violating lockdown rules. A senior police official said on Sunday that eight policemen have been suspended following the incident. Karnataka Southern Range Inspector General of Police Praveen Madhukar Pawar told reporters here that a case was registered against the policemen on the complaint of Robin D’Souza, the brother of the deceased.

He said that the Deputy Superintendent of Police of Virajpet submitted a report against eight policemen, on the basis of which all of them have been suspended. Pawar said, “Investigation is being done by the sub-divisional officer (SDM). As per the guidelines of the National Human Rights Commission, we are handing over the matter to the CID.” Family members told that Roy D’Souza was mentally challenged and was living with his mother while his brother Robin was in Bengaluru. Also read: Mumbai: NCB raids Bakery in Malad, cake-pastry mixed with drugs and supplied to high profile people

They told that Roy ran away from his house late on June 8. The policemen saw him roaming around and questioned him for violating the rules of lockdown and beat him up. The family said that on the morning of June 9, his mother was called to the police station, where Roy was lying unconscious. He was first taken to the local private hospital and then to the district hospital where he died. He told that as soon as he got information about the incident, Robin came to Madikeri and lodged a complaint with the Superintendent of Police, Kshama Mishra.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Congress MLA accuses government of tapping MLAs’ phones

Published

on

Congress MLA accuses government of tapping MLAs' phones

Symbolic Image (Photo Credits: Twitter)

Jaipur, June 13 : Congress MLA Ved Prakash Solanki has accused the Ashok Gehlot-led state government of tapping the phones of some MLAs. Without naming any of the MLAs who complained about the phone tapping, Solanki, a staunch supporter of Congress leader Sachin Pilot, said the MLAs fear being trapped by agencies. Congress MLA from Chaksu assembly constituency of Jaipur, Solanki told reporters, “I don’t know whether my phone has been tapped or not. Some MLAs told me that their phones were being tapped. I do not even know whether the state government is involved in phone tapping or not. Several officials have alerted them (MLAs) that it seems that an attempt is being made to implicate them.

He further said, “Some of these MLAs have also informed the Chief Minister about the matter.” He said that he does not know whether the MLAs have technical knowledge or not or there is any such app through which they can get their phones tapped. Information has been received. On the statement of the MLA, the opposition BJP said that the Congress is intimidating its own MLAs. BJP state president Satish Poonia tweeted, “Today again a Congress MLA is saying that ‘many MLAs are saying that their phones are being tapped, they are being spied on’, Congress should tell who are these MLAs? He said, on the lines of “So Jaa Beta Gabbar Aa Jayega”, the Congress is scaring its own MLAs. Tell Congress when Gabbar will come? Also read: Mumbai: NCB raids Bakery in Malad, cake-pastry mixed with drugs and supplied to high profile people

Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Rajendra Rathod said, “Gehlot government is again scaring public representatives.” The pain is evident. Do not know when what will happen…” It is worth noting that in July last year, Pilot and 18 Congress MLAs had revolted against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. He had leveled many allegations against the government including illegal phone tapping. During that time, Gehlot’s Officer-in-Charge (OSD) Lokesh Sharma shared some audio clips of telephonic conversations, which gave rise to these allegations.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Mumbai: NCB raids a bakery in Malad, cake-pastry mixed with drugs and supplied to high profile people

Published

on

Mumbai: NCB raids a bakery in Malad, cake-pastry mixed with drugs and supplied to high profile people

Symbolic photo (Photo: ANI)

Mumbai: Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raided a bakery located in Malad, Mumbai. In this bakery, drugs cakes, drugs pasties were being made and supplied to high profile people. After coming to know about the bakery, NCB officials raided. The Narcotics Control Bureau got information about this and raided the bakery. The agency revealed that this is the first case in India in which drugs are being used in cakes.

During the raids conducted last night, NCB caught three people including a woman. The agency said that all three are being questioned. The NCB Mumbai official also said that the agency is disseminating drugs to high-profile people, including youth, through brownie weed cakes.

NCB exposes Drugs Bakery

According to the information received, NCB had received information regarding the supply of drugs in the bakery. No one suspects that drugs were being delivered by placing them inside cakes, pastries and brownies. Bakery products were distributed in high-profile areas.

NCB Mumbai told that the youth have adopted a new trend of drugs these days. Brownie weed is being baked in the cake. What the youth are eating. This is the first case in the country in which edible weed is being used in cakes.

NCB has recovered 830 grams of Weed Brownie and 160 grams of Marijuana from the bakery. So far three people have been arrested in the case. All three are being interrogated.

Continue Reading

Trending