new Delhi: Tejas Express, which has been closed for 7 months amid the Corona epidemic, will start running again on the track from today. Lucknow-New Delhi (train number-82501/82502) and Ahmedabad-Mumbai (train number -82902 / 82901) services will resume from Saturday, about 7 months after the closure from March 19. These two Tejas Express trains are operated by Indian Railway’s subsidiary, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). However, the third IRCTC-run train, Kashi Mahakal Express between Indore and Varanasi, will not start its services yet. Amid the Corona epidemic crisis, the journey on the Tejas Express will not be the same as before.
In view of the transition of COVID-19 (COVID-19) in the country, IRCTC has issued guidelines for passengers traveling on Tejas Express. Social distancing will be taken care of in the train. Also, one seat each will be kept vacant to ensure safe distance between people in trains. Each passenger in the train will be given a COVID-19 protection kit. There will be a mask, a sanitizer bottle, a face shield and a pair of gloves. Passengers will have their body temperature checked before boarding the train.
Passengers must follow these COVID-19 protocols
- To ensure social distancing, each alternate seat will be kept vacant.
- All passengers will undergo the process of thermal screening and hand sanitizing before entering the coach.
- Passengers will not be allowed to change their seats.
- Use of face cover / mask will be mandatory for passengers and employees.
- All passengers will have to install the Arogya Setu Sampark Tracing App and show it according to the demand.
- Coaches including pantry area and lavatory will be completely disinfected at regular intervals. Passengers and passengers’ luggage will be disinfected.
- The surface frequently touched inside the coach will be cleaned. Service trays and trolleys will also be disinfected.
In the midst of Corona crisis, this private train equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, passengers will have to follow the rules of social distancing and corona in full. Please tell that IRCTC started the Lucknow-Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 4, 2019 and Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Ahmedabad on January 19 this year.