Connect with us

INTER-NATIONAL

PNB Scam: Mehul Choksi got a big setback, bail application rejected – today will be the decision to send to India

Published

on

PNB Scam: Mehul Choksi got a big setback, bail application rejected - today will be the decision to send to India

Mehul Choksi (Photo Credits: ANI)

New Delhi: The Dominica Court has rejected the bail application, giving a setback to fugitive Indian diamond merchant Mehul Choksi. Whereas the court can give its verdict today regarding sending Mehul Choksi to India. Earlier on Wednesday, following the order of the High Court of Dominica, Choksi was produced in a magistrate’s court to answer the allegations of illegal entry into the country. Dominica government urges court to dismiss Choksi’s habeas corpus petition

According to local media, Judge Bernie Stephenson of the High Court of Dominica, after hearing Choksi’s habeas corpus petition for nearly three hours, issued an order to produce him in a magistrate’s court. After which Choksi appeared before the magistrate on a wheel chair. Choksi had claimed that he was abducted from Antigua and Barbuda and forcibly brought to the Caribbean island nation.

According to Dominica News Online, the High Court adjourned the hearing on the habeas corpus petition till Thursday. Rejecting Choksi’s arguments, the prosecution in the High Court said that the habeas corpus petition was not maintainable as the accused entered the country illegally and was later taken into custody.

Choksi is wanted in India in the Punjab National Bank fraud case worth Rs 13,500 crore. His lawyer alleged that his client was kidnapped from Antigua’s Jolly Harbor and taken to Dominica by a ferry about 100 nautical miles away.

Choksi went missing on May 23 mysteriously from Antigua where he had been living as a civilian since 2018. He was detained for illegally entering neighboring Dominica. He had eloped with his girlfriend, possibly in an alleged romantic way. There is a big rumor about his girlfriend.

By the way, Choksi’s wife Preeti said that the woman being discussed is not her husband’s girlfriend. According to Preeti, the woman was an acquaintance of Choksi and she used to go for a walk with him. He said Choksi was abducted by Indian-looking people and Antigua people when he had gone to meet the woman.

Choksi’s lawyer said that his client was not feeling safe in police custody and should be sent back to Antigua and Barbuda. He also said that he would pay for his safety. Choksi’s lawyers also raised the issue of injury marks on his client’s body and his admission to the Dominica-China Friendship Hospital.

A team of officials from various agencies, led by a Deputy Inspector General of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), has gone to Dominica to bring Choksi to India. However, in the event of an adverse order, Choksi will have the option of appealing to a higher court.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

INTER-NATIONAL

Pakistan: Bomb blast outside Hafiz Saeed’s house in Lahore, 3 killed, 21 injured

Published

on

Pakistan: Bomb blast outside Hafiz Saeed's house in Lahore, 3 killed, 21 injured

Hafiz Saeed (Photo Credit: PTI)

Three people were killed and 21 others were killed in a massive car bomb blast outside the home of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Sayeed, the main conspirator of the Mumbai terror attack in Lahore, Pakistan on Wednesday. have been injured. police gave this information. According to the police, a bomb exploded at the police check post located outside Saeed’s house in BOR Society of Johar Town, injuring several police officers guarding the residence. The injured have been taken to Jinnah Hospital, where the condition of six people is said to be critical, he said.

According to Pakistani media, the walls and windows of Saeed’s house were damaged due to the blast. No organization has claimed responsibility for the blast. Punjab Police chief Inam Ghani said the incident could have caused “major damage” had there not been a police post outside the celebrity’s residence, alluding to Saeed. Also read: Pakistan: Roadside bomb blast in Bajaur district, 2 soldiers killed and 4 injured in the attack

Punjab Inspector General of Police Inam Ghani told reporters that three people were killed and 21 others were injured in the car bombing. Terming it as a “terrorist” incident, Ghani said, “The car was carrying explosive material. The ‘Torgate’ had a police post outside his house. The car could not cross the police post.

He said that the officials of the Anti-Terrorism Department (CTD) reached the blast site and were investigating the matter after keeping all the aspects in mind. CTD will find out whether it was a suicide attack or not? According to the report of Geo TV, in the preliminary investigation of the investigating agencies, it has come to the fore that more than 30 kg of explosive material was used in this blast.

The report, citing sources, said that preliminary investigation has also revealed that “materials made abroad” were used in the blast. It was also found that explosives were filled in the car and it was detonated from a distance. According to the report, a crater three feet deep and eight feet wide was formed at the spot. The blast was so strong that it caused damage in an area of ​​100 square feet.

Dr Yahya Sultan of Jinnah Hospital said that policemen were also among the injured and the condition of six of the 17 injured admitted to the hospital was critical. Home Minister Sheikh Rashid has directed Punjab Chief Secretary and Inspector General of Police to submit a report in this matter. He said the nature of the blast was being ascertained and federal agencies were cooperating with the Punjab government in the investigation. Punjab Chief Minister Usman Bajdar said those responsible for the incident would not be spared and the injured would be provided better treatment.

According to the information, it was a very powerful explosion, due to which many houses, shops and vehicles in the area were damaged. The roof of a house also collapsed due to the blast. According to the police, a motorcycle and a rickshaw parked near the blast site were damaged. The sound of the blast was heard far away. After the blast, rumors spread that Saeed was present in the house at the time of the incident.

It is noteworthy that 71-year-old Saeed, convicted in the terrorism financing case, is serving his sentence in Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat Jail. Saeed-led Jamaat-ud-Dawa is the undercover organization of the terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba, which is responsible for the 2008 Mumbai attacks. In this attack 166 people, including six American citizens, lost their lives. The United Nations has designated Saeed a global terrorist.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

INTER-NATIONAL

Nepal government’s big decision, international flights will resume from tomorrow

Published

on

Nepal government’s big decision, international flights will resume from tomorrow

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

INTER-NATIONAL

Big blow to Nirav Modi from UK HC, appeal application against extradition to India rejected

Published

on

Big blow to Nirav Modi from UK HC, appeal application against extradition to India rejected

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

Trending