Connect with us

NATIONAL

Odisha: Corona warrior’s family got Rs 50 lakh compensation after 8 months of death, died in the first wave of COVID-19

Published

on

Odisha: Corona warrior's family got Rs 50 lakh compensation after 8 months of death, died in the first wave of COVID-19

Symbolic Image (Photo Credits: PTI)

Eight months after a medical student in Odisha died of Kovid-19 infection, her family finally got a compensation of Rs 50 lakh. Priyashree Mishra (29), a second year surgery student at Ispat General Hospital here, got infected and died while serving during the first wave of the pandemic in September last year. Despite being a ‘corona warrior’, his family then did not get the benefit of health insurance related to medical workers under the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Package.

An official of the RSP PR department said that the Rourkela Steel Plant management and its associates were engaged in the matter and finally it was decided to give a check of Rs 50 lakh to his family. Bimal Bisi, president of the RSP executive association, said, “If his family did not get compensation, it would have been a great disrespect to him. Also read: Corona Vaccination: 50 lakh compensation to Andhra volunteer, died after taking Kovid vaccine

Priyashree of Nalanda in Bihar had succumbed to the disease on September 22 last year and died five days later. The Sundergarh district administration had given him a guard of honor at his funeral. Under the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Package, there is a provision of an insurance cover of Rs 50 lakh for the family of health workers in case of serious condition arising in front of them due to Kovid-19.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

Published

on

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

CM Arvind Kejriwal (Photo Credits: ANI)

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led government on Sunday said it has provided food grains to over 4.5 lakh people who do not have ration cards under a new scheme in the national capital. Under this scheme started from June 5, those people who do not have ration card can get five kilograms of food grains by showing their Aadhaar card.

The Delhi government said in a statement, “This scheme is for those people who do not have ration cards. These people include workers in the unorganized sector, migrant workers, construction workers and domestic help. So far more than 4.5 lakh people have been assisted through this scheme. Under this scheme, four kilograms of wheat and one kilogram of rice are being given to the beneficiaries. It states that 5,000 tonnes of ration has been provided to the people and another 5,000 tonnes will reach the distribution centres. Also read: After Arvind Kejriwal’s announcement, auto-taxi and e-rickshaw drivers in Delhi started getting 5-5 thousand rupees, so far the money transferred to the account of 23,000 people

A total of 280 government schools in Delhi have been selected for distribution of food grains. One school in each municipal ward has been identified for this. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Imran Hussain said, “We assure you that in the coming days things will be further streamlined to make the entire process smooth and hassle free. Your government believes that ration is the right of the people.

Ration can be obtained from designated centers from 10 am to 4 pm on all working days except gazetted holidays and Sundays.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Published

on

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Leopard/symbolic photo (Photo Credits: Pixabay)

Dehradun, June 13: After completing the capacity of rescue centers set up in Nainital and Haridwar districts for man-eating leopards caught alive, the Uttarakhand Forest Department is now preparing to send them to other states. Chief Wildlife Warden of the state JS Suhag said that in this regard, in-principle approval has been received from the Central Zoo Authority and after getting formal permission from the state government, the process of sending the man-eating leopards caught alive to the rescue centers of other states will start. He said that this step is being taken as the capacity of two rescue centers in Uttarakhand is full.

Suhag said that eight leopards have been kept at Chidiyapur Rescue Center in Haridwar district and its capacity has been reached, while there are three leopards in Ranibagh in Nainital district and only four can be kept there. He said that a large number of leopards are caught every year in different parts of the state and lakhs of rupees are spent on their maintenance. Caught man-eating leopards are usually sent to zoos or kept in temporary open enclosures under the supervision of forest workers. There is a lot of free space for leopards in rescue centers in other states and in view of this the idea of ​​sending leopards out of Uttarakhand came.

Also read- Country News | Uttarakhand lost five MLAs in three and a half years

He said that the Jamnagar Rescue Center in Gujarat has the capacity to keep 50 leopards while there are only four leopards. The forest officer said that six man-eating leopards would be sent to Jamnagar in the first phase after getting approval from the state government.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Mumbai: A car parked in a parking lot outside a building in Ghatkopar area sinks into a sinkhole in seconds – watch video

Published

on

Mumbai: A car parked in a parking lot outside a building in Ghatkopar area sinks into a sinkhole in seconds – watch video

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

Trending