Narak Chaturdashi 2020: According to the Hindu calendar, the festival of Narak Chaturdashi is celebrated on the Chaturdashi date of the Krishna Paksha of Kartik month, which is called Choti Diwali, Kali Chaudas, Roop Chaudas, Choti Diwali, Roop Chaudas. , Known by various names like Yama Chaturdashi. Usually the festival of Narak Chaturdashi is celebrated one day before Lakshmi Pujan i.e. Deepawali, but this year Narak Chaturdashi and Deepawali will be celebrated on the same day. On this day, Yamraj (Yamraj), the god of death, is worshiped and a lamp is offered for him. It is said that worshiping Yamraj on this day relieves the fear of premature death and a person does not have to suffer the torture of Yamraj after death by bathing in a holy river.
Let us know in detail the hell story related to Narak Chaturdashi i.e. date of small Diwali, auspicious time, Puja method, importance and festival. Also read: Diwali 2020 Date & Full Schedule: When is Diwali? See the complete list of important dates of Dhanteras, Narak Chaturdashi, Lakshmi Pujan, Govardhan Puja and Bhayuduj
When is hell chaturdashi?
According to Hindu Panchang, Narak Chaturdashi, the festival of small Diwali, is celebrated on the Chaturdashi date of the Krishna Paksha of Kartik month. This year, the festival of Narak Chaturdashi will be celebrated on 14 November 2020 (Saturday).
Chaturdashi date start- From 06.01 pm on 13 November 2020,
Chaturdashi date ends 14 November 2020 till 02.20 pm.
Abhyang Snan Muhurta- 14 November 2020 from 05.23 am to 06.43 am.
Method of worship
- Massaging the body with sesame oil on the morning of Narak Chaturdashi is considered auspicious, so massage your body before bathing.
- After bathing, Yamraj should bow with folded hands in the south direction. It is believed that by doing this, one gets freedom from sins.
- After worshiping the gods and goddesses in the evening, light a lamp and keep it on both sides of the door frame and make a lamp donation in the name of Yamraj.
- For Yamraj and his fathers, one should light a lamp in the south direction, then apologize to Yama Dev and his ancestors for their mistakes.
- It is believed that in the middle of the night on Narak Chaturdashi one should throw out the waste material in the house, because Goddess Lakshmi enters the house on Diwali the next day, so the house should be cleaned properly.
- There is also a law to worship Lord Shri Krishna on Narak Chaturdashi. It is said that worshiping Shri Krishna on this day brings beauty, so it is also called Roop Chaudas. Also read: Dhanteras 2020 Date: When is Dhanteras? Know the date, auspicious time and importance of this festival celebrated before Diwali
Importance of hell chaturdashi
By donating a lamp on the day of Narak Chaturdashi, one gets relief from famine, death and fear of Yamraj. On this day, a person who takes an ablative bath does not have to face the torture of hell and gets rid of all his sins. On this day, the form of the body is applied by applying paste and boiling, so it is also called Roop Chaudas. It is believed that on the day of Narak Chaturdashi, the house where the lamp is lit and a lamp is offered for Yamraj, all the members of that house get freedom from the fear of Yamraj.
Story of hell chaturdashi
According to the legend associated with Narak Chaturdashi, in ancient times there was a king named Rantidev, who was always engaged in the works of religion, but when his last time came, the emissaries of Yamraj came to defeat his life. The messengers of Yamraj told the king that the time had come for him to go to hell, then the king said that he had never committed any wrongdoing or sin, then why was he being taken to hell? After this, the messengers of Yama said that once a king came to your palace door, a Brahmin who had returned hungry from your door, so you have to go to hell. Also Read: Dhanvantari Jayanti 2020: When is Dhanvantari Jayanti? Worshiping Lord Dhanvantari, the father of Ayurveda, provides a boon for good health, know the auspicious time and importance.
After listening to the ambassadors of Yamraj, the king prayed to give another time to Yamraj so that he could rectify his mistake. After getting the time of one year, the king went to the sages to find the solution to get rid of the Yamdoots. The king himself told the past sages, after which the sages said that Rajan, you should observe the fast of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month and provide food to Brahmins. According to the sages, the king kept the fast and served the Brahmins, as a result of which the king was freed from going to hell, so it is said that whoever fasts on this day and donates a lamp for Yamraj should not see hell. Fall.