Connect with us

NATIONAL

Gurjit Bhandal denies involvement in Choksi’s kidnapping case

Published

on

Gurjit Bhandal denies involvement in Choksi's kidnapping case

Mehul Choksi ( photo credit : PTI)

New Delhi, June 10 : Rejecting the allegations of fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi’s involvement in the alleged abduction on May 23 from Antigua and Barbuda, Gurjit Bhandal said that he left the Caribbean island country by boat on the morning of May 23. they were finished. According to local media reports, Choksi had claimed in a complaint to Antigua police that he had been abducted on the evening of May 23 when he had gone to the place where his “friend” Barbara Jabarica was staying. . Jabarika is also a suspect in this case. Apart from Jabarika, Narinder Singh and Gurmeet Singh, Choksi has accused unknown people of kidnapping.

According to the news of the website ‘writeups24.com’, Bhandal has a property business in the Midlands of Britain. He claimed that he had gone to the Caribbean island with his friend Gurmeet Singh in April-May. Bhandal denied any involvement in the alleged kidnapping of Choksi, saying he would “cooperate with the police” in the investigation, though Antigua Police has not contacted him yet. He told the website that he and Singh were at Antigua’s English Harbor on May 23 and had left for Dominica early in the morning. He said in a phone interview to the website, “We arrived in Dominica on Sunday night, May 23. The same day we left Antigua and on May 24 we got clearance from Customs. Also read: Government of Odisha: Odisha government transfers IPS, IFS officers

Choksi, in his complaint, has alleged that he was abducted from Antigua on May 23 evening and taken to Dominica by boat, handed over to the Coast Guard of Dominica on the boat at around 10 am the next day. Bhandal said that he had planned to travel from Dominica to St Lucia, but he had become ill while traveling by sea and therefore decided to cancel further voyages. Whereas Bhandals regularly travel in ferry. Bhandal said he and Singh often “travel to sea together” in the Mediterranean, but this time they decided to go to the Caribbean. The website quoted him as saying, “We went to Barbados on a charter from Dominica.” Also read: Mumbai Building Collapse: 11 killed and 7 injured in Malad building collapse, minister blames rain

Asked about Choksi’s “friend” Barbara Jabarika, he said he did not know her but met many people during his air travel in the Caribbean. He said, “There are 21 airlines to the Caribbean but due to Kovid-19 only two flights are available in a week. This increases the chances of meeting the same person again and again. have gone. In May he visited the area for a second time, but could not find the ferry used during the first voyage, so he booked the ‘Calliope of Arne’ ferry online. Significantly, on May 23, Choksi went missing from Antigua and Barbuda under mysterious circumstances.

He was living there as a citizen since 2018. After his disappearance, he was caught for illegally entering Dominica. Choksi’s lawyers have alleged that Antigua and Indian-looking policemen abducted his client and ferry him to Dominica. Choksi and his nephew Nirav Modi are accused of allegedly defrauding Punjab National Bank (PNB) to the tune of Rs 13,500 crore in connivance with some bank officials. Nirav Modi is currently lodged in a London jail. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is investigating against both.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Uttar Pradesh: 8-year-old boy locked in car while playing game on mobile in Mathura, dies of suffocation

Published

on

Uttar Pradesh: 8-year-old boy locked in car while playing game on mobile in Mathura, dies of suffocation

Symbolic Image (Photo Credits: File Image)

Mathura, June 18: In a village in Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, an eight-year-old boy sat in a car while playing a game on mobile, and due to the car being locked, he could not get out and died of suffocation. The police informed about this. According to the police, Krishna, the son of Rinku Aggarwal, a resident of Barari village of Thana Refinery, took his mobile and went to play.

He told that when he did not return despite being too late, his search started. He told that all the members also searched for him in the nearby houses, but he could not be found. The officer said that after searching for two hours, he found someone lying in the car parked outside. When opened, he was unconscious.

Also read- Country News | 53 more deaths due to corona infection in Uttar Pradesh, 291 new patients found

He was immediately taken to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, they said. In other incidents, two bike-borne miscreants on Thursday robbed two couples at two different places in Baldev police station area on the use of weapons, police said.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

United Kisan Morcha said- Center is defaming the farmers’ movement, the demonstration will not end

Published

on

United Kisan Morcha said- Center is defaming the farmers' movement, the demonstration will not end

Symbolic picture (Photo Credits: ANI)

New Delhi, June 18: The United Kisan Morcha (SKM) on Friday alleged that the central government was “defaming” the farmers agitating against the agriculture laws and that would not happen if the government was hoping that the agitation would end. 40 farmer organizations are protesting under the leadership of United Kisan Morcha. The SKM claimed that several state governments stood firmly with the movement and more farmers had reached the protest site on the borders of Delhi to join the movement. Thousands of farmers, mainly from Punjab, Haryana and western Uttar Pradesh, have been protesting at the borders of Delhi for more than six months, demanding a repeal of three agricultural laws and legislation to guarantee the Minimum Support Price (MSP). .

The United Kisan Morcha said, “No opportunity is being left to defame the protesters. However, their policy will fail this time too.” The statement said, “What the farmers are demanding is that their fundamental right to livelihood should be protected. In a democracy, it is expected that the government will accept their legitimate demands. Instead, the BJP-led government is unnecessarily prolonging the movement, maligning it and hoping that it will end like this. that’s not going to happen.”

Also read- Farmers Protest: Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala’s big allegation, said- Farmers’ movement is not about the demands of the farmers, but to oppose the government

The United Kisan Morcha claimed that several BJP leaders are asking the central government to address the farmers’ issue. “The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (MK Stalin) recently raised the issue of repeal of all three agricultural laws in a memorandum to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Maharashtra is also in the process of amending its law to neutralize the ill effects of central laws on farmers.

The Chief Minister of West Bengal (Mamata Banerjee) has also been continuously saying that the demands of the agitating farmers should be met. In some other states, governments of other parties are also standing with the farmers’ agitation.” The United Kisan Morcha claimed that hundreds of farmers from Jaspur in Uttarakhand reached the Ghazipur border on Thursday and a large convoy led by Bhakiyu (Tikait) for five days. After walking till Ghazipur reached the border on Friday.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Kovid vaccines administered to more than 27 crore people in India

Published

on

Kovid vaccines administered to more than 27 crore people in India

Symbolic photo (Photo Credits: Pixabay)

New Delhi, June 18: On the 154th day of the vaccination campaign against Kovid-19, India achieved a significant milestone and the total number of doses administered in the country so far exceeded 27 crores. The Health Ministry gave this information on Friday. The ministry said that on Friday, 19,43,765 beneficiaries in the age group of 18-44 were given the first dose while 77,989 people were given the second dose. A total of 5,15,68,603 people in the age group of 18-44 have received the first dose while 11,40,679 people have received the second dose since the start of the third phase of the vaccination campaign across the country.

The ministry said that in Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal in the age group of 18-44, more than 10 lakh More beneficiaries have been given the first dose of the vaccine. According to the provisional data collected till 7 pm, a total of 27,20,72,645 doses of Kovid vaccines have been given across the country so far.

Also read- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister warns hospitals, said – do not charge more fees from Kovid-19 patients

The ministry said that on the 154th day (June 18) of the vaccination campaign, a total of 29,84,172 doses were given. 26,24,028 beneficiaries were given the first dose and 3,60,144 were given the second dose. The final report for the day will be prepared by late night. The ministry underlined that the vaccination campaign is being regularly reviewed and monitored.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

Trending