Connect with us

NATIONAL

Did the Modi government change the policy of corona vaccination only at the behest of the Supreme Court?

Published

on

Did the Modi government change the policy of corona vaccination only at the behest of the Supreme Court?

Corona Vaccination (Photo Credits: Twitter)

New Delhi: Days before Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday announced free immunization for all people above 18 years of age from June 21, the Supreme Court had asked the Center to review its immunization policy. The court had said that it is prima facie “arbitrary and illogical” to allow states and private hospitals to charge vaccine fees from people in the age group of 18-44 years. CM Nitish Kumar praised PM Modi’s decision, said- it will help in winning the war with Corona

In his address to the nation, the Prime Minister said that for immunization of all people above the age of 18 years across the country, the central government will provide free vaccines to the states from June 21 and the Center has procured 75 per cent of the doses, including 25 per cent of the state quota, from vaccine manufacturers. And it has been decided to give it to the state governments free of cost.

The development assumes significance as a bench headed by Justice DY Chandrachud asked the central government some tough questions on the liberalized immunization policy and different prices for Centre, states and private hospitals. The top court is hearing a suo motu case on the management of Kovid-19 in the country.

In two phases of immunization, the Center provided free vaccines to frontline health workers and people above 45 years of age followed by a liberalized immunization policy under which different values ​​were introduced and the decisions are under review. . Criticizing the vaccination policy, the bench said that if the constitutional rights of citizens are violated by the policies of the executive, then the courts cannot remain mute spectators. The court termed the policy prima facie arbitrary and illogical and ordered a review. This order was uploaded on June 2.

The top court asked the Center to provide within two weeks the details of the expenditure incurred so far out of the Rs 35,000 crore earmarked for the vaccine in the budget and all relevant documents, file notings regarding the policy. Expressing concern over the differential pricing of vaccines, the court had said, “We direct the Central Government to review its vaccination policy afresh to address these concerns.”

In his address, the Prime Minister said that the Center has decided to buy 75 percent of the doses, including 25 percent of the state quota, from vaccine manufacturers and give it to the state governments free of cost.

The Supreme Court bench also had L Nageswara Rao and Justice S Ravindra Bhat. The bench said, “Rs 35,000 crore has been earmarked for procurement of vaccine for 2021-22 in the Union Budget. In the light of the liberalized policy, the central government is directed to clarify how much has been spent from this fund so far and why it is not being used for vaccination of people of 18-44 years.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Traumatic accident in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur, car returning from procession fell in Baya river, 3 people died

Published

on

Car fell into Baya river in Muzaffarpur, 3 killed and 3 people rescued

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Microsoft appointed Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella as the company’s chairman

Published

on

Microsoft appointed Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella as the company's chairman

Symbolic Image (Photo Credits: Twitter)

New York, June 17 : Microsoft has named its Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella as the company’s chairman, in an additional role in which he will “lead in setting the board’s agenda.” Microsoft Corp announced Wednesday that the board’s independent directors unanimously agreed. Nadella was selected for the role of chairman of the board.

In addition, John W. Thompson was unanimously elected as Chief Independent Director. He has played this role in the past from 2012 to 2014 as well. “In this role, Nadella will lead the agenda-setting work for the Board, taking advantage of the right strategic opportunities and developing a deep understanding of the business to identify key risks and mitigate their impact,” the company said in a statement. Will take advantage of the understanding. Also read: NIA raid at the house of Shiv Sena leader and former ‘encounter specialist’ Pradeep Sharma in Mumbai

Nadella, 53, will replace Thompson, who will continue his role as chief independent director. Nadella became the CEO of Microsoft in 2014, succeeding Steve Ballmer.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Gujarat Shocker: Police constable raped woman several times for not wearing a mask, this is how it was busted

Published

on

Gujarat Shocker: Police constable raped woman several times for not wearing a mask, this is how it was busted

Symbolic photo (file photo)

A 33-year-old married woman was allegedly raped by a police constable in Gujarat’s Surat for not wearing a mask. A case has been registered against the constable in this case. The woman alleges that when she had gone to buy milk, the policeman abducted her in his car in Palsana. The accused has been identified as Naresh Kapadia. The rape victim further alleged that the accused raped her several times over the next few months. This incident happened last year during the lockdown. The accused allegedly took the woman to Navsari Road instead of the police station. The complaint also alleged that Kapadia assaulted her. He allegedly clicked her pictures and blackmailed her. According to a report published in the Times of India, Kapadia was posted at Palsana police station at the time of the incident. Also read: Mumbai: Alleged rape with assistant female police inspector, FIR registered against 3 people at Meghwadi police station

However, in January this year after a video of his fight with the complainant woman went viral, the accused was shifted to Umarpara police station. Meanwhile, Kapadia’s wife lodged a complaint against the rape victim and her husband at the Bardoli police station for abusing the police. The woman and her husband were booked under the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. Police have started investigation.

Continue Reading

Trending