Connect with us

NATIONAL

Char Dham Yatra: Uttarakhand government is considering to open Chardham Yatra in a phased manner

Published

on

Char Dham Yatra: Uttarakhand government is considering to open Chardham Yatra in a phased manner

Chardham Yatra (Photo Credit- Wikimedia Commons)

Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government (Uttarakhand) is contemplating to open the Chardham Yatra in a phased manner after the outbreak of Kovid-19 (COVID-19) subsides and the corona curfew ends. Tourism and Culture Minister Satpal Maharaj said on Thursday after meeting Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat to discuss the problems being faced by the tourism industry due to the second wave of Coronavirus pandemic. A final decision has not been taken yet, but plans are being made to open the Chardham Yatra in a phased manner if the outbreak of the epidemic subsides in the coming weeks.

He informed that in the first phase, Chardham Yatra will be opened for the local people which means that residents of the districts of Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Uttarkashi will be able to visit these Dhams. Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri Dham are located in these districts. Maharaj said that if everything goes well in the first phase, then in the second phase, people from other districts of the state will be allowed to travel, while the passengers coming from outside the state will be allowed to come in the third phase with some restrictions. Will go

However, the minister said that everything will depend on the situation of Kovid-19. It will be possible to open the Chardham Yatra in a phased manner only when the rate of infection and death rate from corona virus continues to decline and the ongoing corona curfew in the state will end. Also read: Uttarakhand: With the opening of the doors of Char Dham, SOP issued regarding corona in temples

The Corona curfew, currently in force in Uttarakhand, ends at 6 am on June 8, but some restrictions may continue for now in view of the possibility of it being removed in a phased manner. The four Himalayan shrines have opened for regular worship in May itself as per their pre-determined schedule, but due to the second wave of Kovid-19, pilgrims have not been allowed to come to attend them.

Due to the epidemic, the Chardham Yatra started several months late last year and even after starting, the number of pilgrims was a little more than three and a half lakh due to many restrictions like bringing the Kovid test report 72 hours before. Maharaj told that he has also demanded a relief package for the tourism industry where people are facing livelihood crisis due to the corona virus epidemic.

He said that due to the negligible number of tourists due to Kovid-19, hotel owners, dhabas and vehicle operators have suffered a tremendous setback. Hotels in Mussoorie and Nainital, which were trying to get back on track after the epidemic subsided in February-March, had to cancel almost all their bookings due to the second wave of the recent epidemic.

Vehicle operators have also suffered due to the Kovid-19 restrictions of non-availability of tourists and half their capacity to accommodate passengers. Maharaj said that Chief Minister Rawat has shown a positive attitude on the demand for relief package and asked to submit a detailed report in this regard.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Karnataka: Corona infection slowed down, patients recovering fast

Published

on

Karnataka: Corona infection slowed down, patients recovering fast

Kovid Ward (Photo Credits: PTI)

Bengaluru, June 13 : In Karnataka, the havoc of Corona seems to be decreasing rapidly. For the past few days, the number of people getting healthy has increased in comparison to new cases in the state. A total of 19785 new cases were registered in the state on Saturday while 21614 people returned home after recovering. In the last 24 hours, 144 patients died due to infection. The state health bulletin said that 9,785 cases were registered on Saturday. The number of corona victims in the state increased to 27,57,324, including 1,91,796 active cases, while 25,32,719 people have recovered. 21,614 patients were discharged in the last day.

With Bengaluru as the main epicenter of the pandemic in the state, 2454 fresh cases were reported. In this way, the total number of infected people here increased to 11, 95, 340. Out of this, 88,795 are active cases while 10,91,260 have been recovered. In the last 24 hours, 5,398 patients were discharged. The virus killed 144 people in the last 24 hours, including 21 in Bengaluru. The number of people living in the state has increased to 32,788 and the death toll in the city has gone up to 15,284. Also read: COVID-19 Update Assam: 3,463 new cases of Kovid-19 in Assam, 42 patients died

Out of 1,48,02 tests conducted across the state during the day, 26,999 include rapid antigen detection and 1,21,028 RT-PCR. Meanwhile, 64,681 people above 45 years and 88,323 people in the age group of 18-44 years were vaccinated across the state during the day. In this way, a total of 1,58,572 people were vaccinated in the state during the day.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

COVID-19 Update Assam: 3,463 new cases of Kovid-19 in Assam, 42 patients died

Published

on

COVID-19 Update Assam: 3,463 new cases of Kovid-19 in Assam, 42 patients died

Person getting tested for Corona (Photo credit: PTI)

Guwahati, June 13 : After 3,463 new cases of Kovid-19 were reported in Assam on Saturday, the total number of infected people increased to 4,57,330 while the death toll increased to 3,915 due to the death of 42 more patients. The National Health Mission (NHM) of Assam gave this information.

The number of patients under treatment for Kovid-19 (COVID-19) in the state has increased to 43,298. In Assam, 5,600 patients have become infection free in the last 24 hours. So far, 4,08,770 people have defeated the infection of this deadly virus in the state. Also read: Corona curfew extended till June 21 in Goa to save from rising cases of COVID-19

The infection rate has gone up to 3.66 percent. According to NHM, 47,51,926 doses of anti-Covid vaccine have been given in the state so far.

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Ambala: Police and excise team recovered illegal liquor, DSP said – from where these 2 trucks have been brought, it will be investigated

Published

on

Ambala: Police and excise team recovered illegal liquor, DSP said – from where these 2 trucks have been brought, it will be investigated-

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

Trending