Connect with us

NATIONAL

BJP Targets AAP: BJP calls Delhi government’s door-to-door ration scheme a ‘jumla’, challenges to formulate a new scheme

Published

on

BJP Targets AAP: BJP calls Delhi government's door-to-door ration scheme a 'jumla', challenges to formulate a new scheme

BJP (Photo Credits: PTI)

New Delhi, June 11 : The BJP on Friday termed the Delhi government’s door-to-door ration scheme as “jumla and sham” as well as promoting scam and challenged Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal If there is courage, then they should come up with a new scheme of ration distribution which does not violate the Food Security Act. Addressing a press conference held at the party headquarters, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that under the Food Security Act, the Government of India gives 37,573 tonnes of food grains every month to 73 lakh people of Delhi, whose subsidy is Rs 1163 crore. “This which is in the interest of Delhi, it will work… But the thing is, the new story that is being created is for show and to promote scam,” he said.

He claimed that the Delhi government’s proposed door-to-door ration scheme lacks honesty and authenticity as there is no system of Aadhaar card authentication nor electronic point of sale (e-PoS) computerized system is in place in the capital. Both the systems are applicable even in the smallest states. Prasad said, “Arvind Kejriwal ji is talking about food at every household. He could not deliver oxygen, he could not deliver medicine from Mohalla clinics. Every household food is also a jumla. The Delhi government is under the control of the ration mafia. ”He said that the Kejriwal government has the same interest, so why does it not send the proposal of its separate scheme to the central government, while many letters from the government of India to the state government in this regard. were written. “We will try to give you food grains cheaply,” he said. Also read: COVID-19 Vaccine: More than 1.17 crore doses of anti-Covid vaccines still available with states: Center

The senior BJP leader said, “If you have the guts then send a new proposal which does not violate the Food Security Act. The Government of India will consider this with an open mind.” It is to be known that the Chief Minister of Delhi is constantly accusing the Central Government of creating obstacles in the way of door-to-door ration scheme. Recently, he wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying that he is ready to make any changes the Center wants in the scheme of delivering ration from door to door. Prasad took a dig at Kejriwal for not implementing the central government’s “One Nation-One Ration” scheme in Delhi and asked what was the problem with this scheme. He said that this scheme is applicable in 34 states and union territories of the country. He said, “But the Delhi government is ignoring the interests of the poor people of Delhi.” Prasad alleged that there is no data available regarding the benefits of ration to the Dalit people of Delhi. Also read: Sachin Pilot hits back at BJP MP Rita Bahuguna Joshi’s claim, says ‘he doesn’t have guts to talk to me’

He said that the Government of India gives wheat at Rs 2 per kg and rice at Rs 3 per kg across the country. Not only this, under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, like last year, this time also, free ration is being given to the poor till November. He said that the cost of rice is Rs 37 per kg and that of wheat is Rs 27 per kg. He said, “Government of India gives food grains to the states to be distributed through ration shops by giving subsidy. The Government of India spends about Rs 2 lakh crore annually in this… But Arvind Kejriwal does not worry about the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, does not even care about the migrant laborers, does not even worry about the eligibility of the poor. ‘

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NATIONAL

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

Published

on

Commendable step of Delhi government, under the new scheme, four and a half lakh people without ration cards got food grains

CM Arvind Kejriwal (Photo Credits: ANI)

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led government on Sunday said it has provided food grains to over 4.5 lakh people who do not have ration cards under a new scheme in the national capital. Under this scheme started from June 5, those people who do not have ration card can get five kilograms of food grains by showing their Aadhaar card.

The Delhi government said in a statement, “This scheme is for those people who do not have ration cards. These people include workers in the unorganized sector, migrant workers, construction workers and domestic help. So far more than 4.5 lakh people have been assisted through this scheme. Under this scheme, four kilograms of wheat and one kilogram of rice are being given to the beneficiaries. It states that 5,000 tonnes of ration has been provided to the people and another 5,000 tonnes will reach the distribution centres. Also read: After Arvind Kejriwal’s announcement, auto-taxi and e-rickshaw drivers in Delhi started getting 5-5 thousand rupees, so far the money transferred to the account of 23,000 people

A total of 280 government schools in Delhi have been selected for distribution of food grains. One school in each municipal ward has been identified for this. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Imran Hussain said, “We assure you that in the coming days things will be further streamlined to make the entire process smooth and hassle free. Your government believes that ration is the right of the people.

Ration can be obtained from designated centers from 10 am to 4 pm on all working days except gazetted holidays and Sundays.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Published

on

Preparations to send man-eating leopards caught in Uttarakhand to rescue centers in other states

Leopard/symbolic photo (Photo Credits: Pixabay)

Dehradun, June 13: After completing the capacity of rescue centers set up in Nainital and Haridwar districts for man-eating leopards caught alive, the Uttarakhand Forest Department is now preparing to send them to other states. Chief Wildlife Warden of the state JS Suhag said that in this regard, in-principle approval has been received from the Central Zoo Authority and after getting formal permission from the state government, the process of sending the man-eating leopards caught alive to the rescue centers of other states will start. He said that this step is being taken as the capacity of two rescue centers in Uttarakhand is full.

Suhag said that eight leopards have been kept at Chidiyapur Rescue Center in Haridwar district and its capacity has been reached, while there are three leopards in Ranibagh in Nainital district and only four can be kept there. He said that a large number of leopards are caught every year in different parts of the state and lakhs of rupees are spent on their maintenance. Caught man-eating leopards are usually sent to zoos or kept in temporary open enclosures under the supervision of forest workers. There is a lot of free space for leopards in rescue centers in other states and in view of this the idea of ​​sending leopards out of Uttarakhand came.

Also read- Country News | Uttarakhand lost five MLAs in three and a half years

He said that the Jamnagar Rescue Center in Gujarat has the capacity to keep 50 leopards while there are only four leopards. The forest officer said that six man-eating leopards would be sent to Jamnagar in the first phase after getting approval from the state government.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a syndicated news feed, likely not modified or edited by the latest staff)

Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Mumbai: A car parked in a parking lot outside a building in Ghatkopar area sinks into a sinkhole in seconds – watch video

Published

on

Mumbai: A car parked in a parking lot outside a building in Ghatkopar area sinks into a sinkhole in seconds – watch video

(With SocialLY get the latest breaking news, viral trends and all the news related to the world of social media. Here you will get live information about every content that is going viral on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The post shown above is unedited content, which can be sent directly to social media. Taken from the accounts of media users. Not modified or edited by Latestly staff. Social media posts do not represent the views and sentiments of Latestly, We assume no responsibility or liability for any content contained in this post do not accept.)

Continue Reading

Trending