By the way, the recipes made during the fast have a lot of calories. Of course, they are very tasty to eat, but it causes little digestion and also increases weight after fasting. If you do not take care of food and drink properly, during and after the fast, problems like constipation, acidity and nosia can be disturbed. In such a situation, there are a few things which are fasting, in every way safe, sabudana is one of these. Then you will know some recipes made from it during the fast.
1. Sago polenta
For 2-3 persons
1 cup sago, 1/2 tsp sugar, 2 green chili chopped, 1/2 cup peanut crushed, 1 potato boiled and peeled, 2 tsp pure ghee, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 2 tablespoons fresh coconut grated Hua, chopped rock salt, 5-7 curry leaves, 1 tsp green coriander as per taste.
1. Wash the sago and soak it in water for 2 hours so that it swells well.
2. Cut the potato into small pieces. Now put the crushed peanuts, sugar and salt in it separately.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and crack mustard seeds. Then add cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and fry them. Add potato mixture and stir well.
4. Add sago, water and salt as needed. Mix gently Add grated coconut and coriander, stir for 2-3 minutes and remove from the flame and keep it on a serving plate. Serve hot by adding lemon juice.
2. Sago Dumplings
For 2-3 persons
1 cup soaked sago, 3 cups potato boiled and mashed, 1-2 green chili chopped, 1/4 tsp ginger chopped, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 2 tsp butter (without salt), rock salt as per taste 1/2 water chestnut flour, 1 tsp lemon juice, ghee / oil for frying
1. In a pan, mix green chili, ginger, sago and mashed potatoes together.
2. Add salt, water chestnut / buckwheat flour, butter and lemon juice, mix well and make small tablets like cutlets from this mixture and press it lightly.
3. Now deep fry them on medium heat.
4. Serve hot with tomato and coriander chutney.
3. Sago Fruit Upma
For 4-6 persons
200 grams soaked soap, 100 grams peanuts, 1/2 apple, 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, a few pieces of pineapple, 10 cashews, 10 raisins, rock salt as per taste, ghee as needed.
1. Roast the peanuts and grind them dry.
2. Now mix chopped apple, pomegranate, pineapple and sago and keep it aside.
3. Put ghee in a frying pan and heat it.
4. Add sago mixture, raisins and cashews and fry.
5. Add peanut powder, rock salt, mix well and serve it hot after taking it off the flame and garnishing with coriander leaves.
4. Sago Pudding
For 1-2 persons
250 grams sago soaked in water for 3-4 hours, 200 grams jaggery, 20 grams ghee, 1 liter milk, 2-3 small cardamom, 50 grams cashew, 50 grams raisins.
1. Put ghee in the pan and heat it.
2. Add cashews and raisins to a low heat. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Then add milk and cardamom powder to the same pan and stir.
3. Add soaked sago after two minutes. Turn the flame to a boil while constantly stirring.
4. Reduce the flame and cook the sago till it melts. When the sago is melted add jaggery and stir till it melts.
5. Serve garnished with cashew nuts and raisins.